Thursday 30 August 2012

Tumhain dekhti hoon - LATA MANGESHKAR - Madhubala's most fascinating moments


(LYRICS, TRANSLATION & VIDEO) Madhubala's gestures were so fascinating and adorable; no Bollywood actress could reach that level. 

The amazing Lyrics of this remarkable song by Naqsh Lyalpuri, a marvelous composition by Jaidev and the  innocent beauty of Madhubala complement each other and are all at the pinnacle.




The Lyrics with possible Translation are:

Tumhain dekthi hoon to lagta hai aisey

(Whenever I see you, I feel that.....
Keh jaisey yugooN se tumhaiN jaanti hooN
I know you through ages !)
Agar tum ho sagar,.... maiN pyasi nadi hooN
(If you are a sea......I am a thirsty-stream)
Agar tum ho sawan, .... main jalti kali hooN
(If you are rainy-season ... I am a burning bud !)



Piya tum ho sagar




Mujhey meri neendaiN, mera chen de do

(Please return me my sleep, give me my peace-----
Mujhey merey sapnooN ki ek raiyn de do na
please grant me one dreamful- night !)
Yehi baat pehley bhi tum se kahi thi
(I have requested you before also---
Wohi baat phir aaj dohra rahi hoon
I am again repeating the same today !) 



Piya tum ho sagar




Tumhain chhoo ke pal meiN baney dhool chandan

(If the dust touches you, it will turn into sandal, right away 
Tumhari mehek se mehekaney lage tann
with your aroma, my whole body smells very sweet !)
Mere paas aao, galey se lagao
(Please come close and embrace me-----
Piya aur tumse maiN kya chahh'ti hooN
My Love! I do not desire anything more than that !)



Muraliya samajh kar mujhe tum utha lo

(Please pick me up, considering me as your flute---
Bas ek baar hontooN se apney laga lo na
And put it on your lips, at least once !)
Koi sur to jaage,---- meri dhadkano mein
so that some note may resonate with my heart beat !)



Keh main apni sargam se ruthi hui hooN

Because I am at spar with my melody !)



MUKHTAR


No comments:

Post a Comment