Thursday 30 August 2012

Tere bin soone nain hamare - RAFI LATA Duet - Mudhubala - Dilip Kumar


(LYRICS, TRANSLATION, VIDEO) It is one of the best duets of Bollywood created by one of the greatest composers of Bollywood ... S. D. Burman.  Shailendra ji lyrics are so engrossing, and the legendary singers Rafi sahib and sarswati Lata ji have put their souls into this fabulous song for the movie Teri Surat Meri Ankhain. 
  I created this video for the short movie "Madhubala and Dilip Kumar- A LOVE STORY". On insistence my friends, I am releasing it separately also. 

The story in the video goes like this:

"He came to visit a scenic valley, and saw a beautiful and innocent girl sitting on the bank of a water channel. He fell into her love on the first sight. Failing to find her and overwhelmed by her love, he started singing songs day and night longing for her. Overhearing such heart-rending songs, even without seeing, she developed a compassion for him and asked to reveal himself." 



The lyrics of the song with possible meanings are:

tere bin suney nayan hamarey
(Without You, my eyes are blank!)

baat takat gaye saanj sakaarey

(I have lost my evenings and mornings waiting endlessly for you!)

raat jo aaye dhal jaaye pyasi
(The night comes and goes leaving me yearning for you!)

din kaa hai dujaa naam udasi

(My day can be called as a gloomy day!)

nindiya naa aaye, ab mere dawaarey

(The Sleep does not come to my eyes!)




o andekhey, o anajaney
(O Unseen, O un-known!)

chhup ke naa gaa yeh prem taraney

(Do not sing such Love-songs in hiding!)


kaun hai tu mohey, kuchh to bataa re

(Who are You, let me know at least something about you!)


MUKHTAR



5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much. I was searching for "Baat Takat Gaey Sanjh Sakarey" - very nicely translated. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for too.
    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie is with pradeep kumar and asha parekh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same problem faced with translation of baat bakat Please translate individual words

    ReplyDelete